“In a constantly changing environment, possessing a set of life skills is an essential part of being able to meet the challenges of everyday life”. Life skills is a term used to describe a set of basic skills acquired through learning and/or direct life experience that enable students to effectively handle issues and situations commonly encountered in daily life. We at Burhani believe that it helps them develop self-confidence and successfully deal with significant life changes and challenges. The following are advantages of life skills pertaining to a child’s development:
- Problem- solving and critical thinking patterns and attitudes.
- Gaining confidence to make quick decisions during critical situations.
- Building of intrapersonal and interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
- Enhancing leadership skills.
- Development of respectful attitude towards others and self-awareness.